Friday 26 February 2010

"Did you fall when we dragged her along? You will never know Thursday's gone."

I've just watched a Jimmy Carr DVD. You may disapprove, but I saw it as a compromise since the initial suggestion was watching one of Ricky Gervais's stand up efforts. I smiled at roughly a third of the Jimmy Carr material, but For the rest of the time I couldn't help thinking that was how the Nazi party must have started.

Anyway, I'm up North again. I'm unemployed, again. Similar to eighteen months ago, but I'd like to think this move was thought through slightly better than the last one. I don't regret moving down south. If I'd stayed up North back then I'm sure I'd have had no motivation to get a job, anything I might have got wouldn't have been anywhere near as good, and I wouldn't have anywhere near as many stories. Even if those stories mostly do involve seeing the political editor of Newsnight. Or Jenni Murray's horrible little dogs.

I do have some vague intention of updating this a bit, though I know I've said that in the past. I quite like the idea of keeping some vague record of what I do with my life, though open for all to read. Anyway, the battery is going on my iPod, and due to a lack of any vague punchline, I'll leave it at this.


(I wrote that two days ago, but I then discovered that the program I used to use now doesn't work.)

No comments: