Tuesday 22 July 2008

Reading lineup

Well, I finished Bit of a Blur by Alex James the other day and it was rather fantastic. His writing style takes a bit of getting used to. I mean no offence to him, but his sentences are fairly childlike in structure, often having paragraphs of "I did this. Then I did that." No doubt like my own occasional writing can be, I suppose.

But it's very interesting (unlike my own). If you're expecting an exposé of who did what to whom during the 1990s or what was the real reason behind various public events then you'll no doubt be disappointed, but it's certainly a fascinating insight into his life. He tells you what he wants to tell you and no more, but in a captivating way.

I need to finish reading Down And Out In Paris And London by George Orwell which I half read a few months ago and never got round to finishing. The same with The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart although I'll probably start that again because it's been so long since I started reading it.

After that, who knows?

Yes, I do realise I have just written about 200 words for no other reason than a rather awful joke that no doubt nobody will notice. But it's better than a 1500 word ramble about how shit things are isn't it?

2 comments:

King Garry I Of Swandanavia said...

Read The Dice Man.

It is a fine example of literature. Utterly stunning.

Made me think.

Rosie B said...

sometimes you need to rant.
sometimes it helps.

sometimes it just makes you feel worse.

Sigh.